Many people take advantage of Boca Raton’s year-round warm and sunny weather by enjoying their pool. But what happens when the pool springs a leak? A leaking residential or commercial pool or spa can lead to costly repairs the longer the leak goes undetected.
Trust the team at Florida Leak Locators to find and fix your pool or spa leak in a flash.
What Causes leaks in pools & spas?
Pools naturally lose water through evaporation. However, if the water level drops by more than 2 inches each week or more than 1/4 of an inch per day, you most likely have a leak. There are many reasons a pool or spa leaks water. Most of the time this is due to ground or deck settlement causing pool pvc pipes to break, structural cracks to appear, and other plastic fittings to lose their seal to the pool shell.
Here are some common causes of pool and spa leaks:
- Pool or spa has a cracked or broken return line
- Broken vacuum line
- Main Drain in pool or spa leaking around mud ring or the line is broken
- Skimmer has a hole, crack, broken line, or is pulling away from the pool shell
- Pool or Spa light conduit is broken or mud ring is leaking
- Leak around pool fittings
- Spa jet-line broken
- Structural or Beam cracks
Leaks in the pool’s plumbing can be more involved and potentially more expensive to repair. It’s important to find an experienced pool leak repair service, like Florida Leak Locators, to accurately find the cause of the leak so it can be properly fixed. We also recommend a pool or spa inspection prior to buying or selling your property.
How Are Leaks Repaired?
The way a pool leak is fixed depends on the source of the leak. All epoxy patches inside the pool or spa are included in the cost of the leak detection. Any other repairs such as underground pipes, new skimmer install, and permanent repairs made around fittings will result in an additional repair estimate emailed to you for your approval.
Common pool leak repairs are:
- Fittings Leak: Leaks near the pool’s lights, faceplates, or jets can usually be temporarily patched by applying a two-part pool epoxy
- Plumbing Leaks: These can be cracked or broken underground pipes located outside the pool shell. This requires a licensed contractor such as Florida Leak Locators, who is experienced in pinpointing leaks and pool repair, so you get it fixed properly the first time. Sometimes, the only option is to dig around the pool’s foundation to replace the section of broken pipe.
- Main Drain Leaks: Many leaks in a pool’s main drain are located in the sump itself. Applying a temporary epoxy patch can stop the leak and a more permanent repair can be done in the near future. However, if you have a broken main drain pipe many times you can plug it and turn it off at the equipment side to prevent further leaking while waiting for the repair
- Skimmer Leak: This may be patched with epoxy for a temporary fix until the skimmer can be replaced
Left unchecked, the extra water leaking from the pool can cause your water bills to skyrocket, damage your lawn and landscaping, and even affect the foundation around the pool! A pool leak doesn’t go away on its own. It requires a professional leak location and repair service to fix the damage. Florida Leak Locators offer a one-year warranty on all repairs.
Why You Need a Pool Leak Detection Service In Boca Raton
- Electronic Hydrophone Equipment to Listen for Leaks
- Static Dye Test
- Complete Visual Inspection
- Pressure Test Lines When Required
Commercial Pool & Spa Leak Repair
Our expert team also works on commercial repairs in and around Boca Raton. If you suspect a leak in your commercial pool or spa, it is important to have it repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage and to ensure the safety of those who use your facilities. From detecting leaks to routine maintenance on pools and spas, we’re happy to help keep your pools and spas serviced.
Give Us a Call Anytime
You don’t have to go far to find the best residential and commercial pool leak repair service in Boca Raton.
Florida Leak Locators is a local, family-run business of trained pool repair specialists with over 50 years of combined experience. Our goal is to resolve the issue as soon as we can so you can use your pool how you enjoy it. We are proudly licensed, bonded, and insured.
Call us anytime at 954-781-4219 to schedule an appointment.