Pool Leak Detection Experts in Miami Shores, Florida
Owning a pool or spa in Miami Shores, Florida is often a source of relaxation and enjoyment. However, that enjoyment is interrupted the moment you spring a leak. You’ll notice an ongoing loss of water and increases to your water bills. As one of the top pool leak detection companies, Florida Leak Locators can quickly find issues and repair them.
What Causes Pool Leaks?
If your swimming pool is losing more than 2 inches of water each week, there’s a strong likelihood that it has a leak. Finding the leak as quickly as possible will reduce the chances of costly water bills and further damage.
Leaks can be caused by various factors, including the following:
- Cracked or damaged return line
- Damaged vacuum line
- Mud ring or line of main pool drain is damaged / broken
- Skimmer has a crack, hold, or is pulling from the pool shell
- Pool fittings are loose and leaking
- Conduit or ring of pool light is cracked
- Structural or beam cracks
As soon as you discover issues with any of these problem areas, you’ll want to call our professional leak detection experts to check it out. We’ll determine where the pool or spa is leaking and then recommend repairs.
How Are Leaks Repaired?
Our service technicians rely on various techniques when repairing pool and spa leaks. The nature of the repairs depends on where the leak is located. Some leaks can be temporarily repaired with a two-part epoxy patch before a more permanent fix such as a pipe or skimmer replacement can be achieved.
Common pool leak repairs are:
- Fittings Leak: Leaks near the pool’s lights, faceplates, or jets can usually be temporarily patched by applying a two-part pool epoxy
- Plumbing Leaks: These can be cracked or broken underground pipes located outside the pool shell. This requires a licensed contractor such as Florida Leak Locators, who is experienced in pinpointing leaks and pool repair, so you get it fixed properly the first time. Sometimes, the only option is to dig around the pool’s foundation to replace the section of broken pipe.
- Main Drain Leaks: Many leaks in a pool’s main drain are located in the sump itself. Applying a temporary epoxy patch can stop the leak and a more permanent repair can be done in the near future. However, if you have a broken main drain pipe many times you can plug it and turn it off at the equipment side to prevent further leaking while waiting for the repair
- Skimmer Leak: This may be patched with epoxy for a temporary fix until the skimmer can be replaced
Commercial Pool & Spa Leak Repair in Miami Shores
Florida Leak Locators offers commercial pool and spa leak detection for businesses in Miami Shores. The sooner you repair your commercial pool or spa, the better. The longer it takes to detect and repair leaks will result in costly water bills for your business, as well as, potential for unhappy customers. Be sure to give us a call as soon as you suspect a leak with the pools and spas at your business.
How Do I Find a Pool Leak Detection Service Near Me?
If you’ve been looking for a pool leak detection company in Miami Shores, look no further than Florida Leak Locators. With over 50 years of experience and thousands of hours repairing leaks in south Florida, we’re confident we can find and fix your leak. We’re also licensed, bonded and insured. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
If you suspect a leak…
Schedule an appointment today!
Where to Find Us
Our Service Area
PALM BEACH COUNTY